Monday, June 24, 2013

Garden Glory 6.22.13



I'm currently trying to tone down a draft post about the credit skeletons in my closet and how we might not get the house now because of a debt I didn't even know I still had. I need to edit out at least 50% of the four-letter words and most of the rambling, ranting text before I bother anyone with that. 

In the meantime, I thought I'd share something much more positive: pictures from my first "major" garden harvest on Saturday.


It's so neat to see how these Japanese eggplants grow out of their flowers.


Our green beans are currently trying to strangle the green onions. I guess we had to expect at least one turf war in a 2.5 by 6-foot community garden plot. And maybe it will make for some really great flavors in the beans.


Remember when I was worried my carrots wouldn't grow? I think it will still be quite a while before I have actual edible carrots under that dirt, but this is a great start.


Naturally, Saturday night's dinner came from a box.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment